Sales City Launcher UK (Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Liverpool)
Want to prove yourself as an entrepreneur?
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter to grow YoungOnes in the UK. City launchers will need an entrepreneurial mindset to grow their city from scratch. They’ll be the GM for their city, responsible for both demand and supply and kickstarting the growth flywheel. The ideal candidate can expect to work both on high priority strategic projects as well as getting their hands dirty on a daily basis.
YoungOnes operates a two-sided marketplace that allows businesses to find freelancers for short-term and often last-minute gigs. Last year, more than 40,000 freelancers found gigs through the platform and together they worked over 5.5 million hours. With a highly profitable business in the Netherlands (>10M EUR in annual profits), we’re now expanding internationally.
Joining a team of dynamic self starters you will be:
- Onboard businesses who can immediately use extra staff for temporary gigs. Show them how our product can help them solve their staffing problems
- Onboard freelancers, for example by working with student organisations (e.g. gyms, universities, etc.)
- Work with HQ to develop a strategy to scale acquisition on both sides of the marketplace
- Take on full operational responsibility for your city, acting as a local GM and managing an existing team to kick off operations
- Form relationships with local press
- Experiment with client acquisition tactics, execute a city launch playbook and work with the team in HQ to refine it further (move fast, fail fast and learn!)
- And throw a legendary launch party to officially announce YoungOnes’ arrival in your city.
- Proficient in both spoken and written communication in English
- Based in Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Liverpool with frequent visits to our HQ in London
- You know the city you are based in inside-out and have a local network that is ready to go for a launch
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a sales-related role
- You’re a born entrepreneur & you like working with people
- You thrive on ownership and accountability
- You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and experiment with new tactics
- You get a lot of energy from growing a business. You’re willing to test and experiment and are ready to think outside the box
- You understand that the real work in any sales-related role is in the follow-up. You go the extra mile and further to close the deal!
Compensation and additional details
- Salary: ~£65k (based on experience)
- A rewarding bonus structure
- We are growing quickly. You’re on a rocket ship, so there are lots of opportunities for further growth and a steep career path
- High level of autonomy and ownership
- Join a hands-on scale-up environment where you can experiment and grow your skills beyond the scope of a simple job description
- Join a mission-driven company that is empowering young people to work when and where they want to!
Is this YOU? Join us today! We’d love to get in touch with you ([email protected]).